Finland University was invited to give a keynote speech on the opening day of the 19th FNESP conference in Sao Paulo, Brazil on 28 September, 2017. FNESP is a conference for the leaders of private universities in Brazil, organised by SEMESP, the association of private universities in Brazil.
- It was an honour to be invited to this conference and the keynote speech was for us an important step forward in the Brazilian market, says Pekka T. Saavalainen, CEO of Finland University.
The keynote “The Finnish education system, and its effects on Finnish society and economy” was presented by Jukka Mönkkönen, the Rector of University of Eastern Finland.
- The atmosphere of the conference was very positive and we had great discussions with the participants. It was clear that there is a lot of interest in Finnish education and innovation systems, notes Mönkkönen.
Growing fascination for Finnish education
A SEMESP delegation of Brazilian private universities visited Finland in the spring 2017. They were attracted by the effective and open cooperation between Finnish universities and private businesses.
- SEMESP has previously organised similar study tours to the major universities in the US and UK, Singapore and South Korea. The tour to Finland was one of the most popular of all times, including representatives from over 60 different private universities, says Saavalainen.
- The Embassy of Finland in Brazil has done solid work in promoting Finnish education. They have been an important partner for Finland University, says Mirka Gustafsson, Key Account Manager of Finland University from the University of Tampere.
- The Embassy has opened many doors for us in the rapidly growing education market and our cooperation in building the next Finnish export miracle has been seamless. Finland University is a responsible partner and we believe a good match for the Brazilians, adds Gustafsson.
The conference was a hotspot for private university actors in Brazil.
- Unlike the usual education conferences, this was more like a full-on start-up event. The atmosphere was amazing and the event was well organised, says Mari Argillander, Key Account Manager of Finland University from the University of Eastern Finland.
- The conference brought together owners and directors of the largest Brazilian private universities, and the versatile programme was built to cater their interests. Finland University got lots of attention and the keynote speech was picked up in the Brazilian media, adds Argillander.
The conference was an excellent forum for Finland University. Brazil is looking for new methods and scientific knowledge to reform the education sector and Finland is seen as a perfect country to learn from.
- Finland University had an excellent reception in Sao Paulo and we are looking forward to expanding cooperation with our Brazilian partners also in the future, concludes Saavalainen.
Pekka T. Saavalainen, CEO Finland University Oy
email@example.com, tel +358 40 6850717
Finland University is the international education brand, and marketing and sales company of four leading Finnish research universities: the University of Eastern Finland, the University of Tampere, the University of Turku and Åbo Akademi University. All universities are in the top 2% of global university rankings.
Finland University provides worldwide the degree programmes and professional development programmes of its member universities to individuals and institutions (universities, government ministries and agencies, foundations, companies). At the moment, Finland University is delivering programmes for customers based in South East Asia, China, Latin America and the Middle East.