The number and volume of education programmes from Finland has increased substantially in recent years. Finland University is a leading actor in taking Finnish education to far corners of the world.
- Finland has some of the best research universities in the world and Finland University is the leading player that provides Finnish expertise. 2017 was a good year - we delivered many successful programmes in Asia, Africa, Middle East and Latin America, and met huge numbers of potential degree programme students. We are also very delighted that Åbo Akademi joined Finland University as the newest member university, says Pekka T. Saavalainen, CEO of Finland University.
- One of the 2017 highlights was the launch of Finland University Student Ambassador Programme. Our student ambassadors are the key spokespersons when it comes to international Master’s degree programmes, notes Niina Uusimäki, Head of Marketing of Finland University.
Teacher education leads the way
Finnish teacher education is valued worldwide. The high-quality of Finnish education draws attention to Finnish universities and their international Master’s degree programmes.
- In Indonesia, one of the principle markets for Finland University, we have delivered many successful projects. One of the marquee projects was the two-year Master’s degree programme for teachers in Aceh. Further, in 2017, Finland University joined forces with Universitas Negeri Yogyakarta to revitalize teacher education in Indonesia, says Pasi Kaskinen, Executive Vice President of Finland University.
Finland University educates professionals to continuously learn and share their knowledge. In Brazil, Finland University educates university lecturers with Anima Educacao. Boosted with new skills the lecturers educate their local colleagues. This is a model that yields sustainable results. Finland University runs similar programmes in Thailand.
Our good work has been noticed also in China, where Finland University and Beijing Institute of Education have joined forces to develop teacher education, and in Argentina, where Finland University is providing School Leadership Programme for school directors in the Santa Fé province.
Every customer is unique
Institutional clients are all unique in respect to their societal questions, culture and vision. Finland University is committed to adapt its services to the specific requirements of each partner.
- Finnish education system is respected worldwide and in 2017 we were invited to give presentations in several seminars, including FNESP conference in Sao Paolo, Brazil, where our keynote speech took the audience by storm, and to New York, USA, where the audience was packed with US education luminaries, says Mr. Saavalainen.
Finland University’s programmes operate in the country of its customers and on university campuses in Finland. How the programme is organised depends on the needs of the customer.
In 2017, Saudi Arabia sent teachers to study in Finland. The six-months training enhanced the teachers’ skills, exchanged ideas with Finnish experts in education and adopted best practices to be used for reforming schools and education in Saudi Arabia.
Finland University is also hosting two groups of teacher students (BA and MA students) from Namibia. The programme is commissioned by the Namibia Students Financial Assistance Fund, whose main objective is to further develop the Namibian education sector.
Growing demand for education services
In 2017 Finland University experienced rapidly growing interest towards all the expert areas that Finland University offers for institutional partners (Teacher education, Health & Biomedicine, Data science, Forest sciences and Public administration). We also saw almost a doubling of applications to international degree programmes offered by Finland University member universities.
- All of our programmes are based on cutting edge research designed to build 21st century skills. We can guarantee to all of our customers and degree students a high-quality education experience and a personal focus that enables students to achieve their full potential. This makes us special, notes Mr. Saavalainen.
In 2017, Finland University hosted groups with various interests, e.g. Finnish maternal and child care expertise brought Indonesian doctors to Turku, and Finnish forest expertise attracted a delegation of Indonesia’s Peatland Restoration Agency to visit Joensuu.
- With global and transnational education Finland University supports countries develop their societies and education, makes member universities even more international, and creates new opportunities for research collaboration. The international Master’s degree programmes offered by our member universities supports this work, concludes Mr. Saavalainen.
Pekka T. Saavalainen, CEO Finland University
firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +358 40 6850717
Finland University is the international education brand, and marketing and sales company of four leading Finnish research universities: University of Eastern Finland, University of Tampere, University of Turku and Åbo Akademi University. All universities are in the top 2% of global university rankings.
Finland University provides the degree programmes and professional development programmes of its member universities to individuals and institutions worldwide (universities, government ministries and agencies, foundations, companies).