1. All our member universities are world class
If one is taking the step to study abroad, then you want to be sure the university you're joining is going to be world class. So you'll be pleased to hear that all of our four member universities are in the top 2% of global university rankings.
What's more, with four universities to choose from, we can offer something for everyone. In addition to Master's degree programmes in traditional disciplines like law, business, IT and education, our member universities also offer courses with a distinctly contemporary flavour. We're talking about degree programmes in things like game studies, robotics, human-technology interaction, conflict research, social exclusion, food development and more.
At the links below you can find full details on all the programmes at each of our member universities. Please take a look! – we're confident you'll find the one you're looking for.
2. You can apply for a scholarship
Once you find the degree programmes you've been looking for, you'll be pleased to know that all our member universities offer scholarships for students applying from outside the European Economic Area. Scholarships typically cover 50%, 80% or even 100% of the annual cost of tuition! Some also contribute towards living costs.
You don't have to wait until you're in Finland to apply for a scholarship: you can apply from your home country at the same time as you send in your application to study at one of our member universities. The admissions teams then evaluate both sets of applications at the same time, and award scholarships on a merit basis.
3. You get to live in a country that's #1 where it matters most
Now that you've found what you want to study and know you can apply for a scholarship, let's look a bit more at the country where you'll be living: Finland. The fact is, there has never been a better time to visit, and here are just a few of the reasons why:
• In March 2018, the World Happiness Report named Finland as the happiest country in the world. People are very satisfied with life here, and we think you will be too!
• The World Health Organisation has ranked Finland's air as the cleanest in the world. With so many cities on our planet choking in smog, Finland is quite literally a breath of fresh air;
• In 2017, the World Economic Forum ranked Finland as the world's safest country to visit. Please tell your parents they don't need to worry about you here!
• Finland has also been ranked as the world's most stable country, the world's best governed country, and #1 in the world for protecting the fundamental rights of the individual.
So as you can see, we've got you covered when it comes to your Master's degree, scholarship opportunities, and overall quality of life. All these things make Finland a hot choice for international students, so come and join them too! We'll be even happier once you're here.
Over 65 Master's degree programmes to choose from
Finland University combines the leading research power of its renown member universities: the University of Eastern Finland, Tampere University, the University of Turku, and the Åbo Akademi University. The member universities offer a wide range of Master’s Degree programmes.
Learn more about the wide selection of programmes and find a suitable programme for you.